Welcome to a new and improved virtual banking experience!
You can now experience a state-of-the-art banking experience across devices, allowing you to truly bank anytime, anywhere, like never before.
Why did online banking change? When did it change?
We recently updated our online banking system August 22, 2018 as part of our ongoing effort to provide account holders with state of the art banking functionality, convenience, and security. Our new online banking system offers robust online banking functionality on all of your devices, and will enable you to bank anytime, anywhere like never before.
Do I have to re-register for online banking?
No, if you were already registered, you will still have access when you log into the new system. However, if you have not logged into your online banking portal within the last 180 days, you will be required to re-enroll on the new system.
Do I have to re-download the GFCU Mobile App following the conversion?
You will not have to re-download our mobile app; however, you will need to update it to the most recent version in order to see and use the new platform.
Are there minimum browser requirements for this new system?
The only browser requirement is that your browser must be HTML5 compatible. We recommend updating your browser to the latest version available—not just to ensure compatibility with the new online banking experience, but also to ensure that your online banking is as secure as possible. Browsers below the following requirements will not provide functionality: Internet Explorer – Version 11 and below, Firefox – Version 24 and below, Chrome – Version 30 and below, Safari – Version 6 and below.
Can I use this on my phone/tablet?
Absolutely. Our new online banking system will provide you the ability to bank anytime, anywhere, from any device—conveniently and securely. You can download the app on any Android or Apple device, and it will provide a consistent experience with banking from your desktop. You should only use the mobile app when you’re on a smartphone or tablet. Navigating to your online banking portal from your web browser should only be done on a desktop or laptop computer.
I’m no longer seeing the ‘Send Money’ feature in the new portal. Is ‘Pay a Friend’ the same thing?
Our Pay a Friend feature will be replacing Send Money. You can access Pay a Friend in your Transactions menu. In order to use Pay a Friend, you must have a checking account with us and a GFCU debit card.
- Pay a Friend service is completely free to use.
- You can send money to anyone by simply entering the recipient’s email address or phone number.
- You will be asked to enter (1) your GFCU Debit Card Number, (2) the expiration month and year of your card, (3) your PIN number, and (4) the amount you would like to send to the recipient, along with recipient’s email address or phone number.
- Once you send the money, the recipient will receive an email or text message asking them if they would like to accept the funds. If the recipient’s card is a participating card processer, they will receive the funds instantly into their account. If the recipient’s card is not a participating card processer, they will be asked to provide their Routing and Account numbers so that the funds can be delivered to them via ACH within 2-3 business days.
- If the recipient does not accept the funds from you within 10 days, you will be automatically refunded to your checking account.
Will my Bill Pay settings still be saved in the new system?
Yes. If you are already enrolled in Bill Pay, you will still be enrolled when we convert to the new system, and your Payee and Payment History information will all still be available.
I’m not seeing my Smart Deposit transaction reflected on my account.
After depositing a check, you can navigate to Smart Deposit History to see status of the deposit.
- A “Pending” status indicates that the deposit is under review and a decision to accept or reject it will be made in one business day.
- An “Accepted” or “Complete” status indicates that the deposit is being processed and you should allow up to 20 minutes for the deposit to appear on your account.
- Please note that we have a Nightly Maintenance window from 10 p.m.-1 a.m.; during this time, you should allow up to 3 hours to see your Smart Deposit reflected on your account.
Please note that Smart Deposit will now be available to commercial members who have qualifying accounts.
Will my External Accounts still be linked to my GFCU accounts in the new system?
- If you have made at least one loan payment from your external account in the last 90 days, that external account will be automatically linked and available when you log into the new system for the first time.
- Payments that are scheduled from an external account beginning Aug. 23rd and beyond will still process (you can confirm this by going to Transactions > Activity Center.)
- Any Nickname you have previously set up for your External Account(s) will not be reflected in the new online banking system. You will need to navigate to Settings > Account Preferences in order to nickname your external account(s). You will be able to identity the external account by the last four digits of the account number, which will be displayed in Account Preferences.
I made a transaction in online banking/the mobile app but I’m not seeing it reflected on my account balance.
In this case, please try refreshing your screen in order to view the transaction and your updated balances. If you are still unable to see an updated account balance, please give us a call at 210-230-9381.
I cannot see my credit card rewards tracking information.
Credit card rewards tracking information is temporarily unavailable in our new portal. Please give us a call to get your rewards information.
I cannot see my recurring member-to-member/share-to-share transfer.
When we convert to the new system, you not be able to see, modify or cancel any recurring member-to-member/share-to-share transfers that were scheduled prior to the conversion. Please contact us to verify, change or cancel these types of transactions. When you create a new member-to-member/share-to-share transfer in the new portal, you will be able to verify, edit or cancel it within your Activity Center.
Do I need to reset my account alerts in the new system?
Yes, any previously-set account alerts by text or email will need to be re-established once you've logged into the new system.
I have more questions about the new system. What is the best number to call?
- Commercial Members – Please direct your questions to 210-767-5202 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.